Writing a formula to sum a specific range from a sheet if another range in the same sheet is equal to a cell value in a third summary sheet

MrN

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to write a formula in excel. I have a summary sheet that has equipment numbers in one column and sheet reference values in a row. I also have multiple sheets that have names equal to the values in the row mentioned. I want to use the indirect function to sum the range in column G of a specific sheet (based on a sheet reference) if the cell in column E of the same specific sheet matches the equipment number in my summary sheet. I have tried a bunch of different formulas but they all give me a reference error. Here is my latest version of the formula:
=SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'" & $O$2 & "'!G2:G500"), INDIRECT("'" & $O$2 & "'!E2:E500"), B8)
Here are some pictures of my spreadsheet:
Summary:
summarySheet.PNG

'13' Sheet:
13Sheet.PNG

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
There is nothing wrong with the formula, if you are getting #REF errors, make sure both O2 & the actual sheet name don't have any leading/trailing spaces.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I realized the cell O2 in my summary was a date and not just a number so I used the day function to convert and it works now. Thank you

Upvote 1
Solution
Glad you sorted it & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back