Writing a worksheetFunction to the worksheet

Rasm

I m trying to populate a cell with the text

=STEYX(J13:J26;K13:K26)

My code below writes that into the Avar (Dimmed as a Variant)

Avar = "=STEYX(" & Split(Cells(1, i).Address, "$")(1) & Trim(Str(FirstRowResult)) & ":" & Split(Cells(1, i).Address, "$")(1) & Trim(Str(LastRowResult)) & ";" & Split(Cells(1, ii).Address, "$")(1) & Trim(Str(FirstRowResult)) & ":" & Split(Cells(1, ii).Address, "$")(1) & Trim(Str(LastRowResult)) & ")"

The code below - gives an error

.Cells(Along, ii) = Avar

If I use the code blow- it works - but only the calculated value is shown - not how it is calculated (I want it to show what range is used) - I have populated the two arrays with the values from row 13 to 26 for column K & L

Application.WorksheetFunction.StEyx(RefVal, PredVal)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
What is the resulting string assigned to Avar?

Also, does your version of Excel use a semi-colon as a list separator, as per your example? Or does it actually use a comma as a list separator?

offthelip

Office Version
Platform
Windows
The way I solve problems with writing formula into cells is to remove the "=" from the front of the formula so that you just write Text. then go to the cell and manually put the "=" back in , EXCEL then very kindly highlights where the error is.

Rasm

What is the resulting string assigned to Avar?

Also, does your version of Excel use a semi-colon as a list separator, as per your example? Or does it actually use a comma as a list separator?

Avar=
=STEYX(J13:J26;K13:K26)

If I add a ' (remark) - then goto to the cell where it wrote

'=STEYX(J13:J26;K13:K26)

and remove the ' ---- then it works

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cannotquitexcel

This Week's Hot Topics