XenForo

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Nice work, folks, it looks great. I'm sure the migration was painful.

DRSteele

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Yes, super job! It looks great and the XL2BB is a much better upload solution.

But I sure hope all the old posts that used HTMLMaker get converted or all that knowledge will be drained.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
But I sure hope all the old posts that used HTMLMaker get converted or all that knowledge will be drained
I think we just need to allow some time for that to be gradually addressed. :)

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Wow; after using this for a month, it is head and shoulders superior to vBulletin. Nice work, folks.

MARK858

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile
I also think it is a big improvement over vBulletin, a couple o f things I miss a tiny bit but nothing worth worrying about.

My only half issue I have isn't to do with the software, it is to do with how posters use it. It just seems that a lot are using the image option rather than the BB2XL option but then I always have the options of asking them to use BB2XL or skipping the posts so there isn't any real issue there.

All in all a very good job done by all and many thanks to the Admin for all the hard work that they have (and still do) put in.

DRSteele

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I agree with Mark about the misuse of images. Images should be only used to display issues other than the contents and structure of the worksheet and its formulas. They can be used for things like showing the settings for Conditional Formatting, or Solver, or the appearance of a Chart. But XL2Bb should be used for the data.

MARK858

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile
Problem is how to convince them without being heavy handed ;)

starl

Administrator
Office Version
365, 2019
Platform
Windows
use-xl2bb.jpg

If Gibbs can't convince you, no one can!

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I agree with Mark about the misuse of images. Images should be only used to display issues other than the contents and structure of the worksheet and its formulas.
I agree. (y)
If Gibbs can't convince you, no one can!
How to inform members about how to upload a table?

AFAIK, there are 2 proper ways to post a table/range, i.e:
1. Copy-paste the table directly to the reply box (but without the column letter & the row number).
2. Using the xl2bb add-in.

But as discussed above, we often see that posters just upload an image to do that, which is not a good way because we can't copy the data to excel.
I think one of the reasons why posters do that is because they don't know the 2 proper ways I mentioned above.
So, just a suggestion, is it possible to show a message about how to do that in every thread? Maybe in the top area of the thread.
Or not in every thread but somewhere in/above the message box when they start a new thread, maybe after they choose "More options".

Important note: I'm a Gibbs fan;)

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
So, just a suggestion, is it possible to show a message about how to do that in every thread? Maybe in the top area of the thread.
Or not in every thread but somewhere in/above the message box when they start a new thread, maybe after they choose "More options".
Good thoughts. (y)
No promises, but options are being considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royroy

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics