XenForo

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Nice work, folks, it looks great. I'm sure the migration was painful.

Yes, super job! It looks great and the XL2BB is a much better upload solution.

But I sure hope all the old posts that used HTMLMaker get converted or all that knowledge will be drained.

But I sure hope all the old posts that used HTMLMaker get converted or all that knowledge will be drained
I think we just need to allow some time for that to be gradually addressed. :)

Wow; after using this for a month, it is head and shoulders superior to vBulletin. Nice work, folks.

I also think it is a big improvement over vBulletin, a couple o f things I miss a tiny bit but nothing worth worrying about.

My only half issue I have isn't to do with the software, it is to do with how posters use it. It just seems that a lot are using the image option rather than the BB2XL option but then I always have the options of asking them to use BB2XL or skipping the posts so there isn't any real issue there.

All in all a very good job done by all and many thanks to the Admin for all the hard work that they have (and still do) put in.

I agree with Mark about the misuse of images. Images should be only used to display issues other than the contents and structure of the worksheet and its formulas. They can be used for things like showing the settings for Conditional Formatting, or Solver, or the appearance of a Chart. But XL2Bb should be used for the data.

Problem is how to convince them without being heavy handed ;)

use-xl2bb.jpg

If Gibbs can't convince you, no one can!

I agree with Mark about the misuse of images. Images should be only used to display issues other than the contents and structure of the worksheet and its formulas.
I agree. (y)
If Gibbs can't convince you, no one can!
How to inform members about how to upload a table?

AFAIK, there are 2 proper ways to post a table/range, i.e:
1. Copy-paste the table directly to the reply box (but without the column letter & the row number).
2. Using the xl2bb add-in.

But as discussed above, we often see that posters just upload an image to do that, which is not a good way because we can't copy the data to excel.
I think one of the reasons why posters do that is because they don't know the 2 proper ways I mentioned above.
So, just a suggestion, is it possible to show a message about how to do that in every thread? Maybe in the top area of the thread.
Or not in every thread but somewhere in/above the message box when they start a new thread, maybe after they choose "More options".

Important note: I'm a Gibbs fan;)

So, just a suggestion, is it possible to show a message about how to do that in every thread? Maybe in the top area of the thread.
Or not in every thread but somewhere in/above the message box when they start a new thread, maybe after they choose "More options".
Good thoughts. (y)
No promises, but options are being considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fyfe54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back