XL2BB bug?

GraH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Let me start by saying the XL2BB add-on is awesome. I can't imagine what the coding behind must be like. I'm in awe.

One thing starts to bugs me however. Each time I start up Excel the "Mr Excel" is gone from the ribbon, while the add-on is still "flagged" in the list as selected.
The workaround is removing the flag, confirming, reopening the add-ins list, resetting the flag "on" and it's back :). And this remains so until I close Excel.

Another pesky little thing: each time I use the "Capture Range" for the first time in a session, it copies nothing. So I click it once and generate a bogus output and the second or next times around it is working like a charm again.

Not sure if this is easily simulated and if other people report the same issues, but it might help to improve this fine piece of tooling. For info: I'm on a 64 bit installation of Office if that's important.

For the problem with the ribbon disappearing have a look here.

I've never encountered the other problem your facing and haven't heard of anyone else with that problem, so can't help.

Thanks @Fluff I'll give that a go. Thought that was related to a previous version so have not tried it.
After a carefull reread I'm now thinking it's spot-on. Will reply if it worked.

Never noticed such a flag, but that was it! So sorry for the hassle. Should have read the darned manual.
Seems it solved the other issue too.

Glad that's solved it & thanks for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back