smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download

smozgur

BatCoder
smozgur submitted a new Excel Add-in:

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode - Convert your Excel range to BBCode

Although experts prefer to read your description and question instead of working in your actual file to solve your problem, there are times that it is difficult to explain an issue without providing actual data with formulas and extra information in an Excel-friendly format.

XL2BB captures the cells in the selected range and converts it to a special BB code hash that you can paste into a post. Resulting mini-sheet can be copied and pasted back to an Excel worksheet with formulas and formatting that provides a simple way to exchange sample range between the post and Excel application.

Read more about XL2BB...

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi,

I have installed XL2BB addin and it's when my problems with Excel started.
Often when I open any excel file, or even a new workbook Excel uses 100% of CPU. I have to kill it using Task Manager and reopen again. This helps. At least until I try to open another file or I close Excel and after a while I open it again.
I deleted addin and problems are gone. Does anyone had such problems?
I use Excel 2016 with all available updates.
As a test I removed all addins I have, except XL2BB. Still problem remained.

Regards

Hi, Nard

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with XL2BB addin in your computer.

XL2BB is a standard Excel addin which is not even using any external reference other than standard libraries so we can make sure that it runs in a wide range of Excel versions including Mac, and it only works when you click on the button on the ribbon, so it doesn't do anything in the background without user interaction. More importantly we have never heard such a problem that you explained. Therefore I can only think that it could be something related with your configuration.

Hi, smozgur

Thanks for info.
To be honest I don't know what was the problem. After I have reinstalled the add-in I don't have problems with excel. I hope it stays like this. ;)
One interesting thing. After I have installed it for the first time add-in was able to generate BB code, but for some reason formula names were in polish language. Normally add-in should translate them to english. After reinstall all is ok.

Hello, great add-in before all.

I would like to suggest the idea of inputting BBCode (English) and transforming it into your Excel language (Spanish, French, ...), so the formulas work.
For example: =SUM -> =SUMA / ,->;

Sometimes I see very nice ideas in the forum that I would like to store, but unfortunatelly, copying-pasting the BBCode into my own Excel file pastes the formulas in English.

Thank you.

Maybe the link below will partly help you in your situation...

I get an extra blank row for every row in the original table. The following what I get by copying from the second table in this thread: Aggregate formula adjustment (prefered) or possible macro and pasting to Excel.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

I'm running Windows 10, Excel 2013, and XL2BB 1.27.

Book1
ABCDEFGH
147FF/X/gearbox, seal and belt . Replace worn bearing0791, 1402, 1176312103954Bearing1
348FF/X/Repair arm rest.01
549RU/X/Replace bottom cushion, pad and lock assembly. Replace corroded seatsprings and lowerbolts1097, 1099, 1100, 1102, 1106,1.511862393Bottom seat cushion1
Sheet2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back