Xlookup vs Power Query with Merge Queries?

Nimal

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Not sure if this is right place to post this.
Basically i've got a multi tab workbook, one tab has a Master SKU record containing SKU codes and corresponding products, sizes, pricing etc, this info is used to populate about 5 or 6 different tabs, my SKU codes run to approx 110 lines, currently i'm using Xlookup to retrieve this information on each tab (would say i'm looking at around 2500 Xlookup formulas in total across all tabs)

My data in the Master record can change every now and then so I do need some form of lookup against it

Recently i've starting playing around with Power Query, I was wondering if i'd see any potential gains from using Power Query and Merge Query to retrieve the information so the sheets aren't having to constantly do the Xlookups and then only doing a Refresh once i know a SKU has changed.

Anyone able to offer any insights on if this could be benefical or would be a colossal failure in the making?

Kind Regards

Nim

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Merge does come join options XLOOKUP does not have. Inner join, anti join, outer join and has the ability to detect multiple matches.
Consolidating from multiple sheets is easy and you might not longer need a master sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back