xlScript

Easy-XL Support

Board Regular
I'd like to get some feedback on a utility we wrote for Easy-XL called xlScript.

The purpose of the utility is to allow non-VBA programmers to do basic batch/macro processing. The utility translates the batch statements into VBA.

We have implemented a basic set of commands and would like to find out what you think in terms of how useful such a utility may be and what it's missing in terms of command functionality.

I have prepared a demo video (originally for Bill J) to demonstrate xlScript:

http://www.easy-xl.com/videos/misc/xlScript
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>If you have any thoughts or comments about xlScript, please feel free to post them here or email them to me at support at easy-xl dot com.</o:p>
<o:p>Again, the purpose of xlScript is to allow non-programmers to create simple Excel batch jobs. </o:p>
<o:p>Thanks in advance for any input that you may have.</o:p>

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I just had a look. From what I can see this looks very useful. Simpler than VBA and even a good way for a budding developer to learn VBA. :)

I know of plenty of people who occassionally attempt to code that would be better off using this utility! It seems that the code it generates is alot tidier than the code they would write.

In terms of *missing* commands, I think you have the important stuff and I can't think of anything else to add.

Very nice, well done!

It certainly looks very interesting. I'll need to have a play-around with it for a proper opinion, but from first impressions it looks way simpler than vba, yet still a steep learning (and support) curve for someone completely new to programming. I think if you would add a visual interface similiar to the Macro-recorder in XL, it would increase dramatically in usability for noobs.

I'm not really clear why you would want another scripting language when you have VBA already. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back