.xlsx to .dbf

BRIITO

Hi...I have a report in excel 2007 and I am being asked to present it in .dbf format. It may be simple but I don't know how to change my file from .xlsx to .dbf
Someone suggested to use visual fox pro and I have it iinstalled...but I'm not familiar with it to be honest :(.

Hope someone can give me a hand with this...

thks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

gygulyas

SaveDBF is an Excel 2007 add-in that helps users edit and save DBF files and create DBF files from an Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

Highlights:

- Native DBF files retain their original field size after editing.
- However, the add-in is sophisticated enough to identify if a text or integer field needs to increase in size due to the edit.
- The DBF file does not bloat in size.
- Fields that violate dBase standards are highlighted (e.g., field name longer than 10 characters) and also suggestions are added to the cells.
- Large files (over 500,000 records) are supported.
- Now you can add/insert new fields, create calculated fields in addition to adding new records or editing existing records in your native DBF file!
- If you start with an Excel file the software now have enhanced capabilities to determine the field types (better than Microsoft's own in earlier Excel versions).
- Currency fields are now also supported.
- Binary, MEMO, OLE fields are not (yet) supported.
- The original dbf file cannot be overwritten.

More at http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/

boss0007

simply install ms office 2003. use ms excel -select file save as dbf. then forget about ms office 2007/2010

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aread62127