XY chart: giving weightage to individual points

ktdt77

I have created a XY chart. now I need to increse or decress size of points depending upon a data given in an coulmn. Pl help.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Assuming that your data is in column B, starting in cell B2, and the data referred to by "...depending upon a data given in a column" starts in C2, then, if you mean that this data are:

1. Multipliers, such as 1.01, 1.21, 0.985, etc.:
In D2, enter =B2*C22, Copy, and Paste down. Highlight column B2:down, do a Copy, click on Edit, Paste Special, and select Values. Now, do a Cut, and Paste in B2:down.

2. New data:
Highlight the column with the new data, C2:down, do a Copy, go to B2, do an Edit, Paste Special, select Values.

Hopefully, the above will either solve your problem, or show you a method to solve your problem.

Upvote 0
ktdt77 said:
I have created a XY chart. now I need to increse or decress size of points depending upon a data given in an coulmn. Pl help.
Don't you want a bubble chart? Put X, Y, and BubbleSize values into three consecutive columns, start the chart wizard, and in step 1, select a Bubble style.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back