Y axis scale control

Umbel

Hi,

I could not find an introductions forum, please accept my apologies if I have overlooked it.

I am new to the forum, but not to excel. I am an Ecologist based in Scotland, and use excel to model the ecological systesm that we survey. Currently I am trying to create a model to look at various habitat factors. I have managed to find many solutions on MrExcel before and think that the resource is great.

In my current model, I have several graphs being generated from different variables. This is all automatic, however, I have to go through and change the y-axis scales on each graph once the analysis has been run, in order that the scales on the graphs are all comparible.

I would like to be able to do this by entering the max and interval values, which will standardise the y-axis scales across all the graphs. I know that this is not possible through using formulae etc and realise that is is possible to achieve it using VBA.

On each work sheet, there are graphs that that need to be standardised on differnt scales as well e.g. 3 graphs may need a scale of 0-100 with an interval of 20 and 2 graphs may need a scale of 0 - 1000000 with and interval of 10000.

In the past i have resolved this by putting a secondary axis and an "invisible" data point based on the maximum accross the data sets, however, I am unable to use a data table with this method.

Does anyone have clear instructions and code that I could use to try and solve this problem? (I am unfamiliar with how to actually use the code).

It's a big ask I know.

Thanks

Mel

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Many thanks, I have come across this already. Last night I tried to work out what I need to do to test it, but I'm afraid that is where I became unstuck.

Unfortunately, the problem involves a limited understanding of what to do with the code as well as what the code actually means!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back