Yes, no if a retest passed.

rookzie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have been Scratching my head with this one for a bit. I have a Microsoft forums quiz that feeds a spread sheet. if the student scores below 90% they need to retake this quiz with in 60 days.

I have added the % formula to get what there score is and a simply If statement to indicate weather or not a retest is required (Yes/No) and another Column that adds 60 days to the date they failed with highlight red if its past due.

next piece is a y/n if the retest has been done and passed. below is a table of how it looks. looing for a formula for the red Column.

Students nameDateScore FormulaFollow-up required Date follow up requiredFollow up done (Y/N)
John Blitz2/3/2360%Yes4/4/23Y
John Blitz4/6/2395%No--
Sam Bell4/17/23100%Yes--

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I STRONGLY suggest you turn the data into a Table.
Book1
ABCDEF
1Students nameDateScore FormulaFollow-up requiredDate follow up requiredFollow up done (Y/N)
2John Blitz02/03/202360%Yes04/04/2023Y
3John Blitz04/06/202395%No--
4Sam Bell04/17/2023100%No--
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2:D4D2=IF([@[Score Formula]]<90%,"Yes","No")
E2:E4E2=IF([@[Follow-up required]]="Yes",B2+60,"-")
F2:F4F2=IFS(AND([@[Follow-up required]]="Yes",XLOOKUP([@[Students name]],[Students name],[Follow-up required],,0,-1)="No"),"Y",[@[Follow-up required]]="Yes","N",TRUE,"-")

The reason being so that the formulas automatically flow down to the next Student.
Also, I provided 365/2021 formulas. If you're using older versions it will be a bit trickier, but not much. I suggest using XL2BB to post data, and update your profile to show what version of Excel you're using and on what OS.

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Another option
Excel Formula:
=IF(D2="Yes",IF(COUNTIFS(A:A,A2,D:D,"No"),"y","n"),"-")

Upvote 0
Thank you, I do in fact have it set up as a table.

When i copy this formula it doesnt return correctly. Show all "N" when some have had a follow up.

here is the formal i got out of what you provided.

=IFS(AND([@[Follow up required? ]]="yes",XLOOKUP([@[Manager''s Name]],[@[Manager''s Name]],[@[Follow up required? ]],,0,-1)="No"),"N",[@[Follow up required? ]]="Yes","Y",TRUE,"-")

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Another option
Excel Formula:
=IF(D2="Yes",IF(COUNTIFS(A:A,A2,D:D,"No"),"y","n"),"-")
This worked, Thank you!

Upvote 0
Thank you, I do in fact have it set up as a table.

When i copy this formula it doesnt return correctly. Show all "N" when some have had a follow up.

here is the formal i got out of what you provided.

=IFS(AND([@[Follow up required? ]]="yes",XLOOKUP([@[Manager''s Name]],[@[Manager''s Name]],[@[Follow up required? ]],,0,-1)="No"),"N",[@[Follow up required? ]]="Yes","Y",TRUE,"-")
Bummer. Works for me! I just copied this from my post and it appears to be working:
Excel Formula:
=IFS(AND([@[Follow-up required]]="Yes",XLOOKUP([@[Students name]],[Students name],[Follow-up required],,0,-1)="No"),"Y",[@[Follow-up required]]="Yes","N",TRUE,"-")
That formula works. If you pasted an exact copy of what you have, this may be the problem:
The "yes" in the AND function is case sensitive.

Upvote 0
Bummer. Works for me! I just copied this from my post and it appears to be working:
Excel Formula:
=IFS(AND([@[Follow-up required]]="Yes",XLOOKUP([@[Students name]],[Students name],[Follow-up required],,0,-1)="No"),"Y",[@[Follow-up required]]="Yes","N",TRUE,"-")
That formula works. If you pasted an exact copy of what you have, this may be the problem:
The "yes" in the AND function is case sensitive.
Thank you for taking the time to help. I got it to work now!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back