Yes/No or something else?

Faz

Hi everyone.

I really have no idea how to approach this problem, and I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I am pretty new to Access.

Right now, in our company, there is a checklist. We get documents from clients, and someone in our company compares that document to the checklist to ensure the document meets certain criteria. Did they include the date? Check. Did they sign on the dotted line? Check. That sort of thing.

We have decided we want this checklist to be an electronic form in Access. The most literal translation of this checklist would be to create a Table with a Yes/No field for each criteria. However, when it comes to reporting, I find this problematic.

The ultimate goal for switching over to an electronic format is we would like to track the types of errors our clients our making. So essentially total up the amount of times John Smith forgot to sign on the dotted line. I'm having all kinds of grief trying to figure out how to make this work the way I want. I suspect the Yes/No format might be to blame. Perhaps this is the wrong angle.

Anyway, I am completely lost and I was wondering if someone might offer their suggestions on how they would approach this. Just some big picture ideas thrown out there, and hopefully I can carry on from there. I sort of need to know if I am barking entirely up the wrong tree.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
A simple way, would be to make a query based on your table, then make an expression for each checkbox, e.g. IIF([DateIncluded?] = True,1,0).
Then you can sum the results.

Upvote 0
Because a True is actually a -1, you could just sum this:
Abs([DateIncluded?])
The function Abs() will always return a positive value of the number passed to it. So, for True you will get a 1, for false you will get a 0.
HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back