Your Microsoft Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file ‘OSAMAXA.dll’ version 1.0.

BizBoy

Board Regular
Hi
When trying to open an access file, I am getting below message.

If I click OKAY on this, I get further pop-ups with similar type of messages.
Only the dll name is changed.

I guess, this is about missing dll, but not sure, also how does I fix this.
Can anyone please tell me what does this mean. Thanks.

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Try the steps described here first:
https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/office-2013/access-2013-how-to-fix-broken-references/

(if the broken references are needed then it's enough to untick them. If they are needed you will need to figure out if they can be re-ticked! Sometimes that is possible if you can browse to their new location or just clicking on a new version of the same dll). Normally this wouldn't be a problem except after moving to new machine, updating to new versions of programs, or (sadly) when applying windows updates although that is fortunately rare and it's generally a good thing to keep your windows system up to date.

Last edited:

BizBoy

Board Regular
Thanks for the help xenou sir. Am checking this and will revert with details.
Have a nice day ahead. :)

PS - sir, my reference button is disabled (grayed out).
Not sure how to change this. Could you please guide if you get time.

Solved, option is available now.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...