YOU'RE ALL SAFE???

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Sorry to hear you caught it Jon, but glad it wasn't too bad & that you've pretty much recovered.

Glad you're doing better, @Jon von der Heyden. I'm lucky - I live in the middle of nowhere and, being used to winters here, am used to being well-stocked. We play it ultra-safe because, though she doesn't live with us, my mother-in-law is extremely high risk and we keep an eye on her.

Hi Jon, happy to hear that you appear on the road to recovery.

I had a weird repetitive cough (fits of coughing rather than individual coughs), lack of energy and weakness at the start of March (as did about a dozen others in the building I work in) and at the time they were claiming the virus wasn't over here, so we will probably never know if it was the virus or not.

The coughing lasted about 4 days and I ended up taking 9 days off (felt about 90% when I went back).

All my best wishes for a complete recovery.

I had a weird repetitive cough (fits of coughing rather than individual coughs), lack of energy and weakness at the start of March (as did about a dozen others in the building I work in) and at the time they were claiming the virus wasn't over here, so we will probably never know if it was the virus or not.

The coughing lasted about 4 days and I ended up taking 9 days off (felt about 90% when I went back).
Hi @MARK858

Certainly sounds like Covid to me. The antibodies that you develop will diminish over time but you may still be able to get a test that will inspect your antibodies. Still, not sure it's needed, because alas it doesn't sound like immunity is for life and you may well still qualify for a vaccine.

For reference, I had a colleague who was totally freaked out about a loss of taste (his only symptom), before the first lockdown and before the media was reporting lack of taste as a symptom. One of his dear family members also passed away from Covid and she was one of the early victims. I for one believe that the virus was here sooner than initially reported.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. I really have been fortunate though and I have almost recovered entirely. I just can't wait to get back to the gym!

Hi Jon, I will no doubt get a vaccination down the line as I am diabetic (totally under control).

All my best wishes for a total recovery.

@Jon von der Heyden ...Sorry to hear you got caught with Covid......We are in the lucky country by world standards (Australia). My wife and I are both moderately high risk but live in a very safe area, we haven't had a positive case since the virus hit. Nonetheless, we try and stay home and go to golf when the numbers are down and it's locals only. I'm generally the christmas grinch, but would like to wish all the posters that have helped me ove the years, a safe and happy xmas period. (y) :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back