Help Tab Added to Ribbon
August 29, 2018 - by Bill Jelen
A new Help tab appears in Excel during 2018. The Excel 2003 Help menu was reduced to a circled question mark at the top right corner of Excel 2007 - Excel 2016. Help is now a full Ribbon tab.
- The first icon is online Excel Help. Excellers have been lamenting the move to online Help and fondly remembering the good old days of offline help. But, over time, online Help is improving. There are over 2000 online help articles with over 50 million views per month.
- Feedback lets you send a screenshot and a paragraph about something you like or do not like. The Excel team is actively reading these suggestions.
Show Training opens a help panel with several new tutorials build in to Excel.
- What's New shows the most recent updates to Excel
- Community opens the Answers forum. Of course, if you are here, you prefer the MrExcel Forum.
- Blog Site takes you to the Excel team blog.
- Suggest a Feature takes you to Excel.UserVoice.Com where you can write up a feature request and other Excellers can vote up your idea. This actually is effective - many ideas from UserVoice have made it into Excel.
Download Excel File
To download the excel file: help-tab-added-to-ribbon.xlsx
Excel Thought Of the Day
I've asked my Excel Master friends for their advice about Excel. Today's thought to ponder:
"Learning excel is an incremental process. Creating a dashboard is the final step."
Title Photo: Jonas Jacobsson on Unsplash