August 21, 2017 - by Bill Jelen
Building a pivot chart to summarize a data set
- Building a pivot chart to summarize a data set
- I start with a pivot table.
- If you want years to go across the chart, make them go down the Rows area
- Change Field Settings to Show Values as a Percentage of Row
- Format the pivot table as % with no decimal places
- Create the pivot chart
- Immediately Cut, Ctrl + Home, Paste
- Formatting the chart:
- Adding a Title at the top
- Triple click the title to edit in place
- Select second series. Ctrl + 1. Narrow the Gap Width.
- Add Data Labels to only the second series
Download the sample file here: Podcast2008.xlsx
Title Photo: jackmac34 / pixabay