Subscribing to threads, only one is subscribed

This is a discussion on Subscribing to threads, only one is subscribed within the About This Board forums, part of the Other Forums category; I subscribed to several threads from my cell phone. When viewing profile/subscription on my computer, I found only one thread ...

yky
    Board Regular

Default Subscribing to threads, only one is subscribed

I subscribed to several threads from my cell phone. When viewing profile/subscription on my computer, I found only one thread was subscribed. What happened to others?
    Excel 2010, Windows 7

Default Re: Subscribing to threads, only one is subscribed

could be phone software. automatic subscription (if turned on) occurs when you respond to a thread
    • Yes I know there are better ways to do it. I just wish I knew them. - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
    • I wear my ignorance openly, excel is not my chosen career, its a means to an ends
    • Posting Guidelines Want to post well laid out questions and answers Translate Excel Versions
      Code:
      [CODE ]Put Your Code[/ CODE]
    • Settings > General Settings (on the left) scroll to the bottom, > Miscellaneous Options > Use ENHANCED
    • X-Posting Guidelines Rule 13 > CHART STUFF

yky
    Board Regular

Thanks for the reply but I was talking about those threads that I manually subscribed (thread tools/subscribe) and not responded to. Only one shows up in my profile/subscription. Others did not show up in profile/subscription. Yet, if I go to the appropriate question page, I see a green dot next to the thread which means I subscribe to the thread. They just don't show up in profile/subscription.

I thought I could use the profile/subscription to keep threads that are of interest to me. Guess not.
    Excel 2010, Windows 7

if they are actually subscribed then you should get email updates with responses (unless turned off), I find it generally difficult going back to threads of interest as finding the right keyword isn't always easy as its the concept or technique you want to remember
    • Yes I know there are better ways to do it. I just wish I knew them. - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
    • I wear my ignorance openly, excel is not my chosen career, its a means to an ends
    • Posting Guidelines Want to post well laid out questions and answers Translate Excel Versions
      Code:
      [CODE ]Put Your Code[/ CODE]
    • Settings > General Settings (on the left) scroll to the bottom, > Miscellaneous Options > Use ENHANCED
    • X-Posting Guidelines Rule 13 > CHART STUFF

MrExcel MVP

Quote Originally Posted by yky View Post
    I thought I could use the profile/subscription to keep threads that are of interest to me. Guess not.
    You should be able to (I do). Did you click the View all subscribed threads button?

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others