How Do I Get Help VBA Error

nancmadi

Hi... I am new to this site.. and posted a question back in June.. I haven't gotten a single response... how do you get help on these Forums? My thread was called "Method Axes of object Chart Failed"

There were 49 views.. maybe others have the same issue and looked for resolutions, I don't know.. but can someone review my post possibly.. if not.. I will just unsubscribed and find another site to look for help.

Respectfully, Newbie to VBA

I just looked at your post and you haven't stated where it failed so I am not surprised that you didn't get a response.

Last edited:
I would like to say that every single question on this forum gets answered, but sadly that is not the case. But rest assured that is not anything "personal".
Most of those Views are probably from people who thought maybe they could help, but then when they read the question, they determined that they were not able to.

From the looks of it, I would say that you have a trifecta of reasons.

- Excel 2016: I would hazard a guess to say most people aren't on it yet (I am still on 2010), and I have seen a lot of issues with 2016 (I have seen a lot of posts from people who said things that used to work in earlier versions stopped worked in 2016). So those of us who aren't on 2016 may not be able to help since we are not in that environment.

- Charts: I would say that most people probably don't use them, so may not feel qualified to help (I myself do a ton of programming with Excel, but do not use charts - they just aren't big in my line of business)

- VBA: Adding VBA to anything (like Charts) adds an extra layer of complexity

Also, problems like yours are difficult if you don't have the data to work with. I would recommend trying to create a simple example, and see if you still have the issue. If so, post the data sample and code so someone can try to recreate it and see if they have the same issue.

OMG.. thank you so much Mark for your quick response...

I will get back to this response ASAP (where it fails) my fault.. again I am 'New' at Forums and VBA.. I will try to be more thorough next time. I will use 'code tags' next time as well.. sorry...

Thank you for your guidance on this topic.
Nanc

Thank you Joe4 so very much for your detail explanation... and yes I thought the same thing.. but your right I didn't think about the 2016 issue.. uggh..
We (my coworkers and I) have found so many quirks to 2016.. what use to work in VBA in older versions may not work in this one... finding this out as we go along.. we just converted.

I apologize for my lack of patience and understanding... I love your site/forums.. I have used them a lot for trying to find resolutions... and I will continue to do so and help others if I find answers on my own.

thank you for the explanations, suggestions and added tips...

I will be in touch soon I hope...

Sincerely,
Nanc

We (my coworkers and I) have found so many quirks to 2016.. what use to work in VBA in older versions may not work in this one
Yes, based on many reports like this one, we are in no rush to upgrade!
I feel your pain!

LOL... although I am excited about "New", and wouldn't go back, I do enjoy a challenge and learning..
I think I love it even more when I figure out something before someone else. ;)
But, I was pressed for time, I am at a new Job (lost my job of 20 yrs in IT) and now I am back to Analytics doing what I love more, less pay and less stress, but A JOB none the less.. and I love being in Excel again and learning VBA... thank you for your expertise in the Forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back