MrExcel HTML Maker Update

Thanks, Mark. I noticed the hex numbers within the cell HTML as well, but since it wasn't have any negative effect on the posts, so I didn't adjust. I think today I'll go through and clear em all out with the equivalent RGB color to further future-proof the addin.

Just for the record, I'm getting the "2 square" problem (as mentioned in the threads below) fairly regularly when using the new MrE HTML Maker. I have had the same problem with Excel jeanie in the past but it (jeanie) seems more reliable in that regard recently.

bbcode range add-in not working
Mr Excel HTML Maker

Finally had a chance to really look into those posts - very strange. Are you able to replicate the issue with any level of consistency, or is it very hit or miss?

Are you able to replicate the issue with any level of consistency, or is it very hit or miss?
Sorry, no consistency and nothing I've picked up that might be triggering it.

Thanks, Peter. And just to be sure.... I know you've referenced my AddIn as the "MrE HTML Maker". Please note that the Forum Tools uses the "MrE" prefix. My tool uses the "MrExcel" prefix.

I know it's confusing.... didn't know the Forum Tools addin used that prefix prior to making my adjustment. :(

FYI I've updated the HTML code in forum tools to use rgb instead of hex. I also plan to streamline the code base at some point so that both versions produce the same output just with different tags.

Re the clipboard issue, it seems to occur with Win8 and later if you have an Explorer window open. Using API is better.

FYI I've updated the HTML code in forum tools to use rgb instead of hex.
Rory, can you confirm where to get the updated version? Following the link in your signature and downloading from part-way down the Excel Matters page I get a file called Forum Tools - old.xlam which doesn't sound reassuring.

Re the clipboard issue, it seems to occur with Win8 and later if you have an Explorer window open.
Thanks for that info, I'll see if that holds true for me.

Oh! Thanks, Peter - I'll update the link on my site and get back to you!

Edit: OK link should be fixed now.

Last edited:
When I close Excel add-in tab on the ribbon does not appear and the Excel MrExcel HTML options on the right click menu do not appear after opening Excel again. I have to uncheck the add-in close the add-in manager go back in and check it. I am running office 365 build 8431.2094. Any idea what is happening?

Also it does not put in the full grid could the option be put in so that it will create a table with the full grid lines.

Thanks

EDIT: I appear to have solved it not showing up by clicking the unblock in the file properties.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back