unable to post attachment

cellist

FAQS state "To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive. I don't find [Manage Attachments] button. Is there something I need to do to be able to attach a file?

Thanks.

You can not attach a file. You can use Dropbox or similar service and post a link to the file.

FAQS state "To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page,....
That is part of the FAQs that come with the forum software and just before that in the same FAQ section, it states "The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum .."

As it turns out the administrator has not allowed attachments. Scott has mentioned one option, but we prefer sample data directly in your post and you will get more potential helpers if you do that. More information about those options are given in section B of the Forum Use Guidelines or via the link in my signature block below.

I've also moved your thread to the About This Board forum which is specifically for such questions.

Last edited:
You can not attach a file. You can use Dropbox or similar service and post a link to the file.

That's true. I use google drive. It takes me a while to get the file uploaded to there (I'm very slow at my rapidly advancing age) and sometimes I get logged of here, which...you probably get my drift. I guess I should just do the google drive part of it beforeI come here, but with that same advancing age business, I typically forget to do that.

But thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
@Peter_SSs
I navigated thru several links. I finally ended up in google, where I was asked to install something about getting free forms. Is that what I need to do?

Last edited:
... sometimes I get logged of here,..
When you log in to the forum, click the 'Remember me?' box just below the login section. Then you will not be logged off the forum even if you take a while to compose your post/reply.

@Peter_SSs
I navigated thru several links. I finally ended up in google, where I was asked to install something about getting free forms. Is that what I need to do?
That does not sound familiar. To offer more specific help, you would need to be more detailed about whether you went from the Forum Guidelines or the link in my signature and just which of the options you chose from there.

When you log in to the forum, click the 'Remember me?' box just below the login section. Then you will not be logged off the forum even if you take a while to compose your post/reply.

That does not sound familiar. To offer more specific help, you would need to be more detailed about whether you went from the Forum Guidelines or the link in my signature and just which of the options you chose from there.

Just want to bring you up to date.
I tried getting to jeanie from guidelines for forum use. After several steps I end up with "setup.exe says Unable to register the typelibrary:RegisterTypeLib" Maybe a Windows issue at my computer. I'll look into that and report back. Have to make a couple phonecalls (unrelated) now.

I reran Exceljeanie setup. I chose the ignore option when I got the typelib error. In Excel addin, when I enable Exceljeanie it says Compile error in hidden module:If you do not have access to the VBA code in the document, then contact the document author to have the code in the hidden module updated.

I'll use the google drive link approach if I need to post an image.

Are you on Excel 64bit?

approach if I need to post an image.

I wouldn't link to an image, rather link to a sanitized copy of your workbook as very few will want/bother to re-type your data to test.

Last edited:
Are you on Excel 64bit?

I wouldn't link to an image, rather link to a sanitized copy of your workbook as very few will want/bother to re-type your data to test.

Typically, when I want to insert an image, it's merely for illustration. For example, it may show an error message that I'm getting. When I want someone to look at a small part of the code, I will show the code within the posting. If I believe--or if a responder requests it--that it might be useful to make the entire workbook available, I will upload it to google drive and post a link here. The image approach takes much less time and effort than redacting and uploading to google drive. Still, if a user requests it I will gladly do that. If one requests it, it's likely that are willing to spend some of their time taking a closer look at my issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back