Moderators: Unreliable forum GUI

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Moderators, this forum's GUI has become extremely unreliable. By that, I mean: shortly after an article index page is displayed, I cannot reposition the cursor or select an article.

(I am using IE 11 on Win7.)

I believe the delay is caused by the time that it takes for the ad at the top of the page to "settle" -- that is, do whatever it is that it does.

That was not the case some time ago. The active ads would interfere with keystroke echo (sigh). But there was a not a noticeable and relative long delay between rendering an index page and being able to reposition the cursor.

I hope you can reach out to the webpage designers to see if this problem can be fixed.

(Please delete or move this posting.)

Moderators, this forum's GUI has become extremely unreliable. By that, I mean: shortly after an article index page is displayed, I cannot reposition the cursor or select an article.

(I am using IE 11 on Win7.)

I believe the delay is caused by the time that it takes for the ad at the top of the page to "settle" -- that is, do whatever it is that it does.
I have been having this same problem (for what I believe is the same reason) using both IE11 and Google Chrome on Windows 8.1

I brought the issue to the attention of the Admins, and they are looking into it.

I am using Windows 7 Professional and Google Chrome, and have not experienced these issues at all myself.

I'm running Win 7 home premium & Firefox & have had no problems

Im running W7 Pro SP1, don't notice that problem, but to notice significant delays when clicking on a thread or returning to a menu - also wasn't there before the upgrade

When I run IE I have the problems described by the OP. In Chrome this run much better, did not try Firefox. Looks like it is an issue with how IE runs.

Some work was done earlier and the load speed seems much improved now, for me at least.

I'm using Windows 10 and MsEdge.

All seems to be working great for me now. Speed has greatly increased. The best performance in the last month.

Last edited:
I am mostly on phone with ucbrowser and has been facing : page not found frequently. Was not like this before the updates. Like the first post said the adds delay which makes the use of the menu tab very difficult

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickdozaj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back