Weird Posting Issue

figment222

Hello,

I can usually find the answers I need online and modifying to suit my needs, but I'm just getting started in VBA and I have not had success finding a solution for this issue and would appreciate any help.

I have a range of cells in column O that I want to compare with the values in column B and for the ones that match, I want the cell in Column C to say: True. I could easily do this with a formula, but I can't have a formula in column C.

B22:B36 has static values. O22:O36 will populate a matching value, based on a formula. C22:C36 needs to either be true or false. If O22 = B22, then change C22 to True. Check the rest of the range. If O28 = B28, then make C28 say True, else, have it say FALSE. etc.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: VBA Code for Checking for matches between two columns and assigning a value in another

Not sure why 3000 lines of code were injected into my post, but after no response whatsoever, I was able to stumble across some code that I was able to modify to work for me.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim i As Long

For i = 3 To 11
        Range("B" & i).Value = Range("c" & i)
    Next i

This will copy whatever value is in cells C3:C10 to the cell in column B directly next to it. So, if C4=Bacon, then it will automatically put "Bacon" into B4. Awesome... now, I need to find a way to have this be triggered by ANY checkbox on the sheet being checked. I can link the checkbox to C4, but B4 won't change until I select something else. I need it to change when I click the checkbox. I'll have to post that separately.

If anyone sees this and recommends the obvious answer to use the CheckBox1_Click() method, then please know that I need to trigger the sub when ANY checkbox is clicked. Not having much luck finding anything, though...

Re: VBA Code for Checking for matches between two columns and assigning a value in another

Not sure why 3000 lines of code were injected into my post
You are the second user that I have seen that happen to this week.

Can you give us the details of how you are posting?
What kind of device are you posting from?
Which browser are you using (and which version)?

Since you have re-posted your question here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1024788-trigger-sub-when-any-checkbox-clicked.html,
let's keep this thread to talk about the posting issue, and the other one for your question (and please be sure to note our policy on posting the same questions more than once here, rule number 12: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/99490-forum-rules.html

Last edited:

I'm posting from a PC using Google Chrome. The same method I used for the original post was used to make the reply. I'll let you be the expert on why all the HTML code was inserted. I only saw it after I went back to the thread to check for replies.

I posted another thread because I found a solution to my original question before anybody else replied and my new question is a connected, but I would call it a separate issue and therefore a new thread was appropriate. I mentioned the new question only in case somebody else on a similar path or with knowledge about the issue might navigate to that thread.

Anyway...

It had never happened before, and now it has happened to three users this week. The one thing that concerns me is the word "inject" at the end of the code. It could be an indication of an infected PC.
Do you have up-to-date virus and malware protection?
Have you run a scan recently?

So, it sounds like it could be due to a new Chrome Pop-Up Blocker.
Are you using that?

This is a work PC that runs an enterprise version of Sofos Endpoint. Our IT guy is all about the anti-virus stuff. I see you edited another post of mine due to weird code... very strange

OK, here is what our admins have found:

The responsible Chrome plugin is called "Poper Blocker"

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...odobbkopceiche

Plugin was updated recently and it is likely a bug in their application. Any member using Chrome with this plugin will have this trouble - unless following is applied.

Solution:
1- Click on the Plugin Options and add mrexcel.com as Whitelisted Website
2- Refresh the forum page (whitelist will be applied after refreshing only - otherwise first post will still contain the unintended part)

OK, here is what our admins have found:

The responsible Chrome plugin is called "Poper Blocker"

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...odobbkopceiche

Plugin was updated recently and it is likely a bug in their application. Any member using Chrome with this plugin will have this trouble - unless following is applied.

Solution:
1- Click on the Plugin Options and add mrexcel.com as Whitelisted Website
2- Refresh the forum page (whitelist will be applied after refreshing only - otherwise first post will still contain the unintended part)

I indeed use PoperBlocker, but had already whitelisted www.mrexcel.com. please let me know if I still experience issues.

I indeed use PoperBlocker, but had already whitelisted www.mrexcel.com. please let me know if I still experience issues.
This last post of yours here is fine, but I would like to check what happens if you post to one of the main forums. Could you please make a post in this thread (it seems like you have some questions to answer there anyway). Your post will not immediately show up to you as currently all your posts require a Moderator to check them. If that post shows up without the extra garbage then we can return your account to its normal status. Let's hope that is the case. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back