Update your important posts plz and the TEST is not working

jbesclapez

Hello,

Just a quick note to inform the MrExcel Team that the post on Attachements in this section is not up to date. (here : https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html)
I tried Excel Jeannie but it bugs. I tried the Forum Addin and it is worst....
So it is a lost of time for users to point to that.
I found a solution using a free Addin called ASAP Utilities in which there is an export section as HTML. Easy to use and great results.

Then my other comment is on the TEST section.
It is not working as it should. The preview is different than the result itself.
Example, please test this code in the preview and you will see that the color disapears.
Code:
<!-- Please do not remove this header -->
<!-- Table easily created from Excel with ASAP Utilities (http://www.asap-utilities.com)  -->
<table border="1" bordercolor="#C0C0C0" bordercolordark="#FFFFFF" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaA</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaB</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaC</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaD</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaE</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaF</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaG</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">family</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">town</font></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">a</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">b</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">c</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="right" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000"></font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="right" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000"></font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyA</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">townB</font></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">d</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">e</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">f</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">g</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">h</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyB</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">TownC</font></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">h</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">e</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">f</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">g</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">d</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyB</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">TownD</font></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">b</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">c</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyA</font></td>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">townB</font></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">a</font></td>
 </tr>
</table>
Hope that helps.

Cheers

Just a quick note to inform the MrExcel Team that the post on Attachements in this section is not up to date. (here : https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html)
I tried Excel Jeannie but it bugs. I tried the Forum Addin and it is worst....
So it is a lost of time for users to point to that.

Could you be more specific? We have plenty of users with those add-ins who have not reported any issues so it is more likely a problem with your computer, I suspect.

Could you be more specific? We have plenty of users with those add-ins who have not reported any issues so it is more likely a problem with your computer, I suspect.

Hi Rory and sorry for the delay, but I got super busy today.

So... I did a new install of Jeannie. I activate it in the plugins and the errors says :
cp1Xfb

Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_8_08_35_PM.png

Then I try the Forum Tools XLAM. And I made a wrong statement before. I reinstalled it and it works.

Also, did you test my code with the colors ?

No because the Forum Tools add-in doesn’t produce that code. It has been designed to avoid the # symbols that cause the problems. ;)

I don't have Excel 64 bit to test with, and it might depend on just which HTML Maker you are trying at the moment, but it might be worth trying the suggestion in this post as that user is (or at least was then) successfully using the MrExcel HTML Maker** with 64 bit Excel.

** The MrExcel HTML Maker has been undergoing an upgrade but at the moment the link in the Attachments post that you looked at (& various other places) take you to the old version. The links will not be changed as the new version will be put in that same OneDrive location and I expect that to happen in the very near future, hopefully days. I can't say exactly when as I am not doing it and we are relying on other volunteer members to get to it.

@ jbesclapez, Peter covers the HTML maker in the previous post, as for Excel Jeanie it is only 32bit Excel compatible.

Thanks Peter and Mark!
I now understand why it is not working thanks to you. **** 64bits ;) But such a shame Microsoft is not forcing the 64bits like Apple did years ago. but it's another subject... ;)
May I suggest that you inform users that the free Addin "ASAP utilities" (compatible 64bits) does the job.... and no, I am not the developper of this Addin ehhehe.
Have a great day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back