Thread: Update your important posts plz and the TEST is not working

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update your important posts plz and the TEST is not working

Hello,

Just a quick note to inform the MrExcel Team that the post on Attachements in this section is not up to date. (here : https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-...tachments.html)
    I tried Excel Jeannie but it bugs. I tried the Forum Addin and it is worst....
    So it is a lost of time for users to point to that.
    I found a solution using a free Addin called ASAP Utilities in which there is an export section as HTML. Easy to use and great results.

Then my other comment is on the TEST section.
    It is not working as it should. The preview is different than the result itself.
    Example, please test this code in the preview and you will see that the color disapears.
    Code:
    <!-- Please do not remove this header -->
    <!-- Table easily created from Excel with ASAP Utilities (http://www.asap-utilities.com)  -->
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#C0C0C0" bordercolordark="#FFFFFF" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaA</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaB</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaC</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaD</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaE</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaF</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">CriteriaG</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">family</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">town</font></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">a</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">b</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">c</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="right" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000"></font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="right" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000"></font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyA</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">townB</font></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">d</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">e</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">f</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">g</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">h</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyB</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">TownC</font></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">h</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">e</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">f</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">g</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">d</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyB</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">TownD</font></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">b</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">c</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">familyA</font></td>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">townB</font></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="bottom" style="white-space: nowrap"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">a</font></td>
     </tr>
    </table>
    Hope that helps.

Cheers

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Update your important posts plz and the TEST is not working

Quote Originally Posted by jbesclapez View Post
    Just a quick note to inform the MrExcel Team that the post on Attachements in this section is not up to date. (here : https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-...tachments.html)
    I tried Excel Jeannie but it bugs. I tried the Forum Addin and it is worst....
    So it is a lost of time for users to point to that.
    Could you be more specific? We have plenty of users with those add-ins who have not reported any issues so it is more likely a problem with your computer, I suspect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RoryA View Post
    Could you be more specific? We have plenty of users with those add-ins who have not reported any issues so it is more likely a problem with your computer, I suspect.
    Hi Rory and sorry for the delay, but I got super busy today.

So... I did a new install of Jeannie. I activate it in the plugins and the errors says :

Then I try the Forum Tools XLAM. And I made a wrong statement before. I reinstalled it and it works.

Also, did you test my code with the colors ?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No because the Forum Tools add-in doesn’t produce that code. It has been designed to avoid the # symbols that cause the problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbesclapez View Post
    Hi Rory and sorry for the delay, but I got super busy today.

So... I did a new install of Jeannie. I activate it in the plugins and the errors says :

What version of Excel are you using 32bit or 64bit?

As for the HTML maker have a look at the thread below

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-...er-update.html

Although 64 bit Excel might possibly be an issue (can't test at the moment).
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MARK858 View Post
    What version of Excel are you using 32bit or 64bit?

As for the HTML maker have a look at the thread below

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-...er-update.html

Although 64 bit Excel might possibly be an issue (can't test at the moment).
    Hi Mark!
    I am using the 64bts from 2010.
    Cheers

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't have Excel 64 bit to test with, and it might depend on just which HTML Maker you are trying at the moment, but it might be worth trying the suggestion in this post as that user is (or at least was then) successfully using the MrExcel HTML Maker** with 64 bit Excel.

** The MrExcel HTML Maker has been undergoing an upgrade but at the moment the link in the Attachments post that you looked at (& various other places) take you to the old version. The links will not be changed as the new version will be put in that same OneDrive location and I expect that to happen in the very near future, hopefully days. I can't say exactly when as I am not doing it and we are relying on other volunteer members to get to it.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 365 + Excel 2010, 2007, 2003 - Windows 10, 7
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
    - Read: Forum Rules & Forum Use Guidelines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ jbesclapez, Peter covers the HTML maker in the previous post, as for Excel Jeanie it is only 32bit Excel compatible.
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Peter and Mark!
    I now understand why it is not working thanks to you. **** 64bits But such a shame Microsoft is not forcing the 64bits like Apple did years ago. but it's another subject...
    May I suggest that you inform users that the free Addin "ASAP utilities" (compatible 64bits) does the job.... and no, I am not the developper of this Addin ehhehe.
    Have a great day!

User Tag List