Site problem?

What would cause a page to load, pause, reload, reload, reload, pause, reload...?

I'm currently running Firefox 56.0.1 64bit & not having the same problems as shg
Although, twice today, when I click reply the icons are not visible, but if I hover the cursor over where they should be the tool tips appear.

@shg
If you right click the browser back button, do you see the same page listed multiple times?
If so, I have had that problem before, on a number of sites. I've no idea why, but everything is fine for me at the mo.

If you right click the browser back button, do you see the same page listed multiple times?
No, just once. On other sites, the the loading indicator spins, stops, and stays stopped. On MrE, it randomly reloads continuously. This page is relatively stable ATM.

What would cause a page to load, pause, reload, reload, reload, pause, reload...?

This is what I think: It is javascript: actually Ajax, so the page connects to the server(s) at the background for exchanging data. For some reason, Firefox in some computers and Edge in some other computers (not for everyone, because at least I tested for different OS and all major browsers without problems) this data exchange is either repeating due to "no response", "unhandled error" or somehow stuck. So this is how javascript "might be" causing that. It is not the reason of this particular problem but for example, Auto Save feature in the forum is supposed to be using Ajax.

We are working on some updates addressing this issue. How is it acting at the moment for everybody at least was having the same problem and replied to this thread?

Suat

Thanks for the feedback. So it looks like FireFox and Edge seem to be the problematic browsers.
I will make sure that the Admins see this.

I have not noticed any problem using Firefox (Windows 7)

M.

Entering text into this forum like this here has become so slow I now type my comments into my Word processor and when done copy and paste the comments into this forum.

How is it acting at the moment for everybody at least was having the same problem and replied to this thread?

Suat

The memory leak has slowed (page usage is still 225MB, though), it's noticeably more stable, and CPU loading is down.

Thanks very much for looking into this.

I still have to double-tap the back key/button to go back (using IE11, this is happening on on at least 4 different machines)

Last edited:
Does anybody notice anything different with Firefox or IE today? Hopefully in good way?

Suat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back