Site problem?

Things are working OK today using Windows 10 and MsEdge.
But sometimes yesterday I was getting a message like this:

"Mr. Excel" would like to know your "Location" please modify your setting. with yes no option.
I just closed dialog box making neither choice.

"Mr. Excel" would like to know your "Location" please modify your setting. with yes no option.
I just closed dialog box making neither choice.

It is not something I know or saw before but I can say that MrExcel doesn't want to know about locations with a dialog box and don't have an internal script or setting that will ask for that. I wonder if it is Google Analytics.

Could you please send me (my user name at gmail.com) the screenshot of the message if it ever happens again?

Thank you.

Suat

Sure will do. I think it has to do with advertisers on the forum page. Some advertisers like to know your location so they can tailor their ads to you according to location. I never give out any personal information. And I have never clicked on any ads on this forum.
It is not something I know or saw before but I can say that MrExcel doesn't want to know about locations with a dialog box and don't have an internal script or setting that will ask for that. I wonder if it is Google Analytics.

Could you please send me (my user name at gmail.com) the screenshot of the message if it ever happens again?

Thank you.

Suat

Quiet and stable now. Thank you for looking into this.

Great to hear things started working better!

Thanks for reporting and also the feedbacks.

Suat

Again, just some feedback, don't know if my problem was related to shg's, but I use at least 4 different PC's (at work), all running IE11, all HAD the dbl-click problem, now all seem to be working fine - thanks again, great job :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back