Site problem?

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
This site (and no other) is causing Firefox to leak memory (several MB/s, creeping past 1.2GB as I type). It never finishes loading (or continuously reloads), and imposes a high (50%) CPU load. Anyone else having similar problems?

Not sure exactly what is happening. But I have had issues typing in this post area sometimes but not always.
Some times you type a word and it takes 3 or 4 seconds to see text appear. I'm using Windows (10) and MsEdge.

Still leaking. I'll check back periodically, but this is unusable.

Last edited:
Yes. I noticed yesterday 10-25-17 things seemed to clear up but then today 10-26-17 things seemed to get bad again. If this continues and The Administrator does not address this problem I will contact Mr.Excel himself and see if he is aware of this issue.

I use Google Chrome and do not experience these issues.
If there was a widespread problem, I would expect a lot more complaints, but I have not seen any outside of this thread. That seems very odd to me.

while I m not having exactly the same problem as shg, I often have the problem that I cannot "go back" either with the backspace, or the browser back button. It sometimes works if I click twice fast, but more often than not, I just have to click "search New Posts" again

I use Google Chrome and do not experience these issues.
If there was a widespread problem, I would expect a lot more complaints, but I have not seen any outside of this thread. That seems very odd to me.
Using Edge, I've had serious performance issues for the last day or so, including the site becoming completely unresponsive and Edge offering to recover the current page. Even typing this reply there are significant delays before string of characters I've typed are displayed.

Same problem here also. Using Windows 10 and MsEdge. When I have Excel also open I have had problems if I have this forum open also. I suspect Memory issues myself like original poster mentioned but I do not know how to check for "Memory Leak".
Using Edge, I've had serious performance issues for the last day or so, including the site becoming completely unresponsive and Edge offering to recover the current page. Even typing this reply there are significant delays before string of characters I've typed are displayed.

Thanks for the feedback. So it looks like FireFox and Edge seem to be the problematic browsers.
I will make sure that the Admins see this.

Yes. I noticed yesterday 10-25-17 things seemed to clear up but then today 10-26-17 things seemed to get bad again. If this continues and The Administrator does not address this problem I will contact Mr.Excel himself and see if he is aware of this issue.

Thank you. We are surely trying to address any kind of problems reported by you and MrExcel himself is constantly informed about the server and especially forum health. In fact many updates successfully applied in the last 2 months including server upgrade to avoid performance issues.

Regarding this particular issue: I am testing the forum in Windows and Mac with IE, Edge, Safari, Firefox and Chrome including mobile access. However I can't detect any problem. Approximate size of a page is between 1.5 - 2.5 MB and most of this is the cache data that wouldn't reload at each page refresh. Pages are loading at normal speed as I can monitor so far. Server is also healthy and there is no overload even in the most traffic hours.

Memory leak should be mostly related with embedded javascript, so that's what we'll be focus on. We had some plugins causing page loading issues but we disabled those in September and having good responses so far. However, we will monitor this issue and of course fix it if it is something at the forum side.

Thanks again for reporting.

Suat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back