problem with a thread

MARK858

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi all, I am having a problem with a thread by user Kristenisasuperstar.
I read the thread and worked on a response and went to post a reply but now I can't get into the thread and get a "No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" message.

Can someone check if there is a problem with the thread or let me know if it has been blocked.

The thread was posted at 07.24pm UK time in the excel questions forum and the URL is https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1032564-next-next.html

BTW, what is the best way of notifying the Mods/Admin in this circumstance (there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it)?

Thanks for the clarification.

there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it?

You end up in an infinite loop where an IT professional advises you to reboot your computer to solve any problem you have.

there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it?
You end up in an infinite loop where an IT professional advises you to reboot your computer to solve any problem you have.
Evidently you haven't tried it; either that or you're just trying to scare people. All it actually does is open up a 'Send an Email to the Site Administrator' screen for you to report the matter.

All it actually does is open up a 'Send an Email to the Site Administrator' screen for you to report the matter.

As I suspected but as I also suspected it was a Moderator action so I didn't really want to send it to an Administrator + I have always been taught not to click on links when you don't know what they do :biggrin:

A message to state that it had been deleted for whatever reason might have saved me asking the question and saved me a little time coding but not really my place to comment on any Moderators methods as they spend more than enough time dealing with the various issues.

Anyway back to looking at questions as I thought this thread would end at post number 3.

A message to state that it had been deleted for whatever reason might have saved me asking the question and saved me a little time coding but not really my place to comment on any Moderators methods as they spend more than enough time dealing with the various issues
When a thread is permanently deleted, it's deleted from the database entirely and ceases to exist even for notification purposes. Even if it had only been soft-deleted, you wouldn't have been able to access it; all that might have happened is you'd get a different message.

FWIW, in all the years I've been moderating/administering five different boards, this is only the 2nd instance I've come across where someone was preparing a reply to a thread when it got deleted.

all that might have happened is you'd get a different message

But that (depending obviously on what the message said i.e. see post in link) would have prevented this thread as I just would have moved on.

Just a suggestion, although I fully understand closing the thread and then coming back to delete it later causes extra work and Moderators can only spend a limited amount of their time managing the forum and I do appreciate the work you all put in for nothing :pray:

I will leave this thread now, thanks for spending your valuable time responding.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back