Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

From the FAQ section
How can I delete or edit my post or thread?

You cannot delete the whole post or thread. Deleting posts can make the other posts and therefore the whole thread meaningless. Once you have been a member for a while, you will be able to edit your own posts for up to 10 minutes after you first make the post.

If there is something in your post that really must be deleted (eg personal information that is not yours, unacceptable language etc) and you are unable to edit it yourself, then use the 'Report' button that appears at the bottom of each post & explain the circumstances. Note that your post will not be edited for trivial reasons like you don't want your boss to see what you have posted.

Okay :) That makes sense. I thought I would add a [solved] to the title of the thread which you helped me with. ;)

Oh! and adding more information to the thread about the Mail merge would be nice, but the Forum rules say to reply so that is what I will do. :D

Last edited:
give it a few more posts and you will get a little more control. Its restrictive to start with to defeat spammers, and allow us to catch and ban them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back