Edit or Delete Thread

samyscraps01

Board Regular
Good Morning, I posted a thread about IF(OR and unfortunately, the site time's you out very quickly. I didn't realize that would happen and when I tried to submit my full post it ended up posting half of what I wrote. I went back and replied to my own post with the remaining information but now it doesn't make sense. How can I either edit the full post to correct it or delete it altogether so I can start all over? Also, why does the message boards log you out so quickly. is this a setting I can change, it's really annoying, trying to outline a thread with information only to submit and find out that all the information is lost.

Also, why does the message boards log you out so quickly. is this a setting I can change,

Did you check the remember me checkbox when you first logged in?

On the editing of posts you can edit for 10 minutes once you have the required number of posts (don't know how many this is these days).

In your situation either pm a moderator or click the report button on your post and explain what needs altering and they will review/amend it.

I've merged your 2 posts.
When you login, check the remember me box & that should hopefully stop you being timed out

How can I either edit the full post to correct it or delete it altogether so I can start all over?
I replied to the email you sent to the Registration email box telling you how can do that. Go to the thread, report it to the Moderators by clicking on the Report button under one of the posts, and ask them to delete it.

Also, why does the message boards log you out so quickly. is this a setting I can change, it's really annoying, trying to outline a thread with information only to submit and find out that all the information is lost.
If you are not on a publicly shared computer, click the "Remember Me" button when logging in.

Everyone thank you for patience. I'm fairly new to the message boards and just recently starting encountering issues here and on another site. Much of this information is not easily found when searching through the site. I did do my due diligence trying to resolve this situation on my own. Yes, I did mark the remember me box. It does save my info when logging in and out but it keeps timing me out after 5 minutes or so trying to describe a lengthy post, which is necessary in order to describe the problem at hand. I'm not talking about it timing me out after hours,it's timing me out after a matter of 5-10 minutes, which is silly. Anyway, the work around is to copy before I hit submit just in case. Sometimes I forget to do this.

Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, I did mark the remember me box.
If you did that and it is still logging you out, there are probably settings on your computer causing that to happen. It could be your Antivirus, Defender, or some other sort of security programs.
Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the computer settings on your side.

Also, if you go back to a post that you were trying to reply to, and hit reply again, you might see a button ion the lower left corner that says "Restore Auto-Saved Content". If you click this, it will bring back what you had typed before being logged out.

It may be that. I didn't know about the button. Awesome! I'll try that next time. Thanks again for all of your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back