Attach a file or screenshot

brin

Board Regular
Hi
I have forgotten how to do the HTML stuff.
I have tried to download a HTML fie ad ended up with a spreadsheet, but dont know how to find the Mr ExcelHtml menu.
I downloaded the old Jeanie but it was incompatible. I am using Excel 2016.
Any help would be graetly appreciated.
Keep it simple and don't assume that I know anything, which is probably correct.
I have a few cells on a spreadheet and a schedule/table that is quite large . The spreadsheet has the following:
Construction:Age:Size:Condition:Range:
Brick Veneer1945-1960120-200m2Goodneed lookup table
Double Brick2000-current>300m2Poor
Brick Veneer1960-1999200-300m2Fair
Weatherboard1945-1960120-200m2Good
Fibrous Cement1930-1945<120m2As New
Pre 1930

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks
I tried that and downloaded the Mr Excel HTML maker, which opened up a spreadsheet, but I didn't know what to do next, set up an add on or whatever

I use excel jeanie, if they work a similar way, the html is copied to the clipboard and you paste that straight in, not 100% sure

I use excel jeanie, if they work a similar way, the html is copied to the clipboard and you paste that straight in, not 100% sure

I downloaded excel genie but it didn't work due to it being not campatible with my Excel 2016. Maybe I didn't do something right or there isn't an updated version of Genie
I used to use Excel Genie when I used Excel 7 and it worked well.
There must be some (or many) people posting on the forum that use the latest versions of Excel and know how it works

All 3 HTML Makers mentioned in this thread work with Excel 2016 (though possibly not all of them with the 64-bit version of Excel 2016). I suspect your problem is likely related to Windows rather than Excel & you have to 'unblock' the Add-In file. In the file Explorer, find where you have located the Add-In file, right-click it and choose Properties, then unblock it via the checkbox.

Don't bother trying to test it in this forum though, as HTML is turned off here. Use the Test Here forum

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back