Strange message about pm storage

killz

I tried to send a pm to a member here. ut when I submit send I get this wweird message:

"You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

I'm new here. How can I have "stored" pms if I never sent any?

As a new member I think you will find you are blocked from sending or receiving PM's until you have reached a certain level of posts as it is a measure taken to prevent spam.

Unfortunately the messaging system still treats it as if you can receive/send them.

A moderator will confirm when they see this thread but don't expect them to tell you the number of posts needed for obvious reasons.

I tried to send a pm to a member here. ut when I submit send I get this wweird message:

"You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

I'm new here. How can I have "stored" pms if I never sent any?

As Mark has said new members do have limits, even long term has an upper limit of 50. The PM system really shouldn't be necessary for any Excel related questions as ALL should be posted via the forum, so that all can share the knowledge. The rules are there for a reason, as some former members have found to their loss, when conducting covert solutions.

If you go here > https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/private.php that will show you what has happened, often the welcome message is stored there

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back