Confused on Screenshot/MrExcel HTML Maker

cm1smith

Good day all,
It has been YEARS since I used a Forum so you can guess that I have a few questions, but I will keep it to down for now.

This is what I am trying to do. I am having a problem with the setup of a spreadsheet I am trying to create and I wanted to provide a sample screenshot (to the forum) of what I want it to do and how I want it to look like. So I created a small test file to use.

I have read the threads on screen captures and MrExcel HTML Maker and I am only getting confused. I have MrExcel HTML Maker working as a ADDIN and it looks to be working, but I am not sure of the results. I followed the directions and pasted the results in the TEST HERE area and the only thing I saw was a bunch of code, is that what it supposed to look like to me? This is what I did,I highlighted the cells and right clicked and choose "Generate HTML (use default)" and then I pasted it into a post in "TEST HERE" and the only thing I saw was what looked like code. Is that what your Moderators (is that the correct title?) need to help me or do I need to do something else? Do I need to provide a screenshot and if so, how do I do that? I have seen other screenshots posted to post and that is what I am trying to do. On one of the post I read, it said something about having to use a "Hosting site" to upload the screenshot and then it would show in my post.

I am so confused and don't know what to do. I have a basic knowledge of Excel and have puddle around for years working with Excel, but now I want to start learning more about using it. I have always been amazed at some of the forms and other things Excel can do and I want to learn about doing it my self.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Smitty

Hi & welcome to the board.
There are no posts by you in the test board. Did you click the Submit button?
Whilst I use Forum Tools, rather than MrExcelHTMLMaker, they probably work similar, in that when you paste the screenshot into the reply window, you just see the code, but once you hit the Submit button, you'll see the screenshot.

Thanks and I did not submit the test here post because I only saw the code. I have just submitted a test here message and hopefully you can see it.

Thanks,
Smitty

I've just approved it & it looks fine

Thanks,
So I take it that my message will go from review/authorized to the main message board so someone can help me?

Nope, you'll need to start a new thread in the relevant board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back