New to MrExcel and How to post code

DanMor

I'm trying to learn how to post code etc before I use this site and not having any luck. I tried to download MREXCEL HTML Maker but do not have Addin folder? (that's a question i don't know how to answer). Testing post of code below seems ok but would like to show output from excel table. Any suggestions on how to show table data (and the functions within - control~) would be appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Code:
For Each NumRange In Columns (“C”).SpecialCells(xlConstants, slNumbers).Areas
   SumAddr = NumRange.Address(False)
   NumRange.Offset(NumRange.Count, 0).Resize(1,1).Formula = “=SUM(“ & SumAddr & “)”

c = NumRange.Count
Next NumRange

I tried to download MREXCEL HTML Maker but do not have Addin folder? (that's a question i don't know how to answer).
Have you tried following the instructions in post 3 here?

Last edited:
I did get MREXCEL HTML Maker installed in addin folder and did unblock in properties but I cannot get it to show table without formulas. below is the only output I can get by creating HTML from this maker.

Book1
C
5testing
Sheet1

It doesn't work in the "About This Board" forum (HTML is not enabled in this particular forum). But it does in the "Test Here" forum (which is the forum to use to test these things).

I copied the code you posted in your previous post and put it in the "Test Here" forum, and it looks pretty good!
See here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-here/1066281-test.html#post5120797

Last edited:
Is there some reason that when I use the code tab "#", the blocking that makes code easy to read seems to always be surpressed.

Is that how it should work? Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.

Is there some reason that when I use the code tab "#", the blocking that makes code easy to read seems to always be surpressed.
Not really sure what you mean. Can you make a post showing this in the "Test Here" forum so we can see what you are referring to.

Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.
It wouldn't be taking a shot at us, but rather at the vBulletin software we use (it isn't something that we control).
Sort of like if you created an Excel program for someone, they cannot blame you for inherent Excel features (well, they could try, but it probably wouldn't be very fruitful!;))

Is that how it should work? Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.

If you mean in the thread below it is because you haven't got a closing ] on the first CODE (probably overwrote it when you put in the Font tag). If you click reply with quote on your post you will see what I mean.

Edit: actually I think you have put the font tag within the code tag as there is a double ] after Consolas.

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ge-a5-a4-anymore-post5257950.html#post5257950

Btw, you seem to have in working in another 2 posts that I looked at.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back