Excel 2016 Screenshot. I have never seen this before and don't know what it is. Please help!

Your image attempt did not work.

There are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.

Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Sorry, but the preview showed a screenshot.
Can somebody tell me a simple way to put a screenshot up.
My problem is impossible to describe, but a picture would be easy.

Can somebody tell me a simple way to put a screenshot up.
I did...

Take a look at the tools in the link I provided.

I installed the MrExcel HTML Maker and the Forum Tools yesterday, the screenshot that I'd like to submit is part of the "spreadsheet per se", but rather an area that appeared under the "Name Box" yesterday. I have no idea how it got there or why, or what it is form.
There are 3 small white boxes numbered 1, 2, and 3 directly under the "Name Box". The area just to the left of the row number is expanded wider than normal. I have tried different views but this new area does not go away. Clicking on the numbered 1 box hides all the active rows and a new box with a "+" sign appears below the 3 boxes. Clicking this "+" box causes the hidden rows to reappear.
To backtrack a bit I was originally hiding multiple unwanted columns when these new elements appeared. The three numbered boxes are directly to the left of the "Select All" triangle.

It sounds like you have some grouped rows. You can ungroup them using the Ungroup button on the data tab of the ribbon.

I cannot access that link. It's blocked by monitoring software at work and even the I.T. guy can get it to whitelist.
I have the image on my PC but I can't post it to a URL.

I guess that was it, I will now look up grouping rows and try to educate myself. So weird that all I was doing was hiding columns!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back