Problem entering text into reply window in Excel Questions

JLGWhiz

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
About four months ago I began to notice that if I typed too fast, characters were omitted in the text I typed into the reply window on the Excel Questions forum. And I am experiencing the same problem as I type this thred. It also resists highlighting with the mouse pointer when I try to select text for adding code tags or font colors. I am using IE11 browser and thought that might be part of the problem, but since Mr. Excel is the only site where I have had the problem, I am not sure about the browser theory. Anybody have a clue?

Last edited:
I have moved your thread to the About This Board forum.

This 'Sticky' at the top of this forum may be related, though apparently not identical to your problem. If you search this forum there could also possibly be other threads about this or similar problems.

Is it possible for you to try another browser to see if that could be the issue?

I have moved your thread to the About This Board forum.

This 'Sticky' at the top of this forum may be related, though apparently not identical to your problem. If you search this forum there could also possibly be other threads about this or similar problems.

Is it possible for you to try another browser to see if that could be the issue?

Tx, Peter. No, I have not yet tried another browser, I will first check the compatibility mode as suggested in the referenced thread. I believe it is something unique to MrExcel site that my system is not currently set up for.

For future reference, clicking Settings on the Internet menu bar, then Compatibility View while on the MrExcel site, and then click Add seems to have cleared up the problem. I am now able to type without skipping any of the letters. Also, the selecting of text seems to work as it should.

I'm having this exact same problem, it seems to be that it is constantly AutoSaving and anything typed while it is doing that is not registered...

I'm having this exact same problem, it seems to be that it is constantly AutoSaving and anything typed while it is doing that is not registered...
Are you using Internet Explorer?
If so, have you implemented the change described above?

I have had similar issues. Sometimes I have to use Go Advanced.
I think it may have to do with upgrading to Windows 10. And or using Edge

Any code I write using Excel and then when I copy code and try to paste into this forum will not paste in.

I have to copy the code in Excel.
Then paste into Notepad
Then copy from Notepad and then paste into this forum

It seems that I read something about the new web protocols not always being compatible to MS applications. I know that many things that used to automatically convert like graphics, photos, video and audio do not always convert today. I would like to find out for sure just how deep this incompatibility thing goes.

I have had similar issues. Sometimes I have to use Go Advanced.
I think it may have to do with upgrading to Windows 10. And or using Edge

Any code I write using Excel and then when I copy code and try to paste into this forum will not paste in.

I have to copy the code in Excel.
Then paste into Notepad
Then copy from Notepad and then paste into this forum

I could not past anything into the reply box after my computer got replace with a Win 10 computer. I had to turn on compatibility mode and can now past into the reply box.

Settings
Compatibility view
then add Mrexcel web site

I could not past anything into the reply box after my computer got replace with a Win 10 computer. I had to turn on compatibility mode and can now past into the reply box.

Settings
Compatibility view

Explain this more please:
You said:
Settings
Compatibility view

Is this setting on this forum Mr. Excel:
Settings in MSEdge

Or some other place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back