Pasting HTMLmaker into "Test Here" differs from "Excel Question"; misleading errors

Without being able to download yet, the missing colour you mentioned wasn't coloured by conditional formatting was it?

Without being able to download yet, the missing colour you mentioned wasn't coloured by conditional formatting was it?

Aha! Yes, it was. Thanks for making me see the distinction. I wish HTMLmaker understood that. But at least now I know its limitation, and I can work around it in a better way.

(Editing HTML in Source mode is not fun.)

It was raised as an issue previously but as far as I know a resolution was never made (obviously).
I have now tested with your file here and as far as I can see that is the only issue but have a look and please let me know if you see anything else.

Aha! Yes, it was. Thanks for making me see the distinction.
.. and yet all your colour disappeared, including column B that was not applied with CF. You will note that my post in the Test forum in your thread still has the colour in column B

I wish HTMLmaker understood that.
If you want/need to post Conditional Formatting, Excel jeanie will do that. I haven't tested it will all the types of CF available these days but works for the ones I usually use in the forum.

and yet all your colour disappeared, including column B that was not applied with CF.

Two different problems. The overall disappearance of color is specific to my posting in "Test Here". The lack of background color in column I is universal. It is the latter that is due CF.

You will note that my post in the Test forum in your thread still has the colour in column B

Yes. And I was just going to post an update here to note that your posting indicates that your IE 11 is more up-to-date than mine. Thanks.

But on second thought, that might not help me -- although I should update IE, anyway. I forgot the issue: for **me**, HTMLmaker works find in "Excel Question", but not in "Test Here".

Admittedly, I don't know how things work "under the hood", but my problem seems to be related to a difference in the two forums, not so much the browser. However, the root cause might be some flaw in my version of IE that "Test Here" trips over, but not "Excel Question".

I intend to update my IE, and see if that fixes my problem. Thanks, Peter and Mark, for your comments.

Last edited:
Regarding the format.
If you just paste the html code into the reply window & hit Submit, it should be ok.
I've always found that if I look at the preview then the format disappears.

I have the same problem, if I select preview first then press submit, the table will be messed up.
My trick is, if I still want to see a preview:
1. before the click preview button, select all text & copy
2. click preview
3. delete all text
4. paste
5. submit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back