How to post excel sheet using HTML maker

hrayani

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Friends,

can anyone please tell me how to post my worksheet into the thread which will help me to post a layout of my data in a much better way.

Regards,

Hello Peter,

I download this
MrExcel HTML Maker (HtmlMakeryyyymmdd) by Richard Schollar (Win)
Note: An updated version (20170807) has been provided by MrKowz in 2017. If you are using an older version, it would be best to update to provide tidier screen shots.

i also added it in the ADDINS.... but what to do next. i mean nothing is showing in the excel toolbars

is there anything i am doing wrong... kindly guide me

I am using excel 2007

Last edited:
Instructions are in post 3 in that thread. Have you worked through those instructions carefully, especially the 4th point?

These are points 3 to 5 in post #4

3) Save the addin to the Addin’s folder.

Where will i find this folder? i extracted the folder in c:/ user / my downloads folder. do i need to extract it anywhere else ?

4) In Windows Explorer, track to the file you have just saved to the Addin's folder, right click & choose Properties. On the 'General' tab look down the bottom to see if you need to 'Unblock' the file and do so if that option is available.

I right click the file & chose properties. Went to the general tab. Looked at the bottom. No option is there to unblcok the file

5) Go to excel, invoke the Addin's dialog and locate the addin in the list. If it is not there then click browse and locate the addin. Place a check-mark beside the addin, if not already checked.
point # 5 is exactly what i did...

3) Save the addin to the Addin’s folder.[/COLOR]

Where will i find this folder?
Point 2 explains this (though the actual location is not vital, so long as you know where it is)

I right click the file & chose properties. Went to the general tab. Looked at the bottom. No option is there to unblcok the file
That sound s a bit unusual to me but should be fine.

5) Go to excel, invoke the Addin's dialog and locate the addin in the list. If it is not there then click browse and locate the addin. Place a check-mark beside the addin, if not already checked.
point # 5 is exactly what i did...
So, you went File -> Options -> Addins -> Manage: Excel add-ins -> Go... -> OK?

So, you went File -> Options -> Addins -> Manage: Excel add-ins -> Go... -> OK?

Yes Peter, After that a small box appears in excel showing all the addins available.
And Mrexcelhtmlmaker20170807 is present there and also the check box is ticked.

But as point#6 states:

• Once installed you will notice a new menu called ‘MrExcelHTML’. This appears in the worksheet menu bar for Excel versions 2003 and earlier, or within the ‘Add-Ins’ tab in Excel 2007 and more recent versions.

So, as i am using excel 2007 - it is not showing in the worksheet menu bar.
But the point above states that in the recent version its within the "Add-Ins" tab....

I dont see any AddIn Tab ??

Pls let me know if there is anything i have done wrong

1. Do you have a whole new tab in the menu bar above the ribbon ribbon called 'MrExcel HTML Maker'?

2. If you select a group of cells with data & right-click do you see (near the bottom) options like 'Generate Html (Use default)' etc?

1. Do you have a whole new tab in the menu bar above the ribbon ribbon called 'MrExcel HTML Maker'?

No, i do not see any tab called MrExcel HTML Maker anywhere. Not even in the menu bar above the ribbon.

2. If you select a group of cells with data & right-click do you see (near the bottom) options like 'Generate Html (Use default)' etc?

No peter, i don't see anything :(

Then I'm not sure what is going wrong. If you close right out of excel, open it again, go in to excel Options -> Add-Ins does the MrExcel HTML Maker still show there and is it ticked?

What version of Windows are you using?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back