Forum Questions

LTDLogan

So, I'm new here and I want to keep getting better at excel so I want to help answer questions on the excel help board. However, I have two questions that hopefully some of the regulars can answer.
1. If I respond to one of the "Zero Reply" posts and subsequently remove it from the zero reply queue without actually being able to solve the question, does that question get re queued somewhere else? I don't want to ask a question about a problem and then have them taken out of the list of unanswered questions.
2. Is there any place in this forum for the wrong answers? By that I mean, If I attempt to solve a question and end up doing something really different than the original objective, (i.e to format a range of cells based on other cells data, but instead... for example, reference the correct ranges of cells using INDEX,MATCH,MATCH formulas but somehow referenced the cell values rather than the cell itself.
So what I mean is, I'm trying to jump on the problem train for the sake of learning something new but I don't want to derail a thread's queue position because I had a question or a failed attempt on it.
Know what I mean?
Thanks,
Logan

Your attempts to assist another individual will not affect anything regarding their original post.

Start by selecting posts you know you can solve. As time goes by you will learn more and be able to expand the number of posts you are able to assist with.

Cheers !

You are correct that answering a post will remove it from the list of Zero reply posts, but don't let that stop you if you think you can have a go at answering it, or even if you just think the question needs clarification. If it's the latter though, do at least try to follow up on any clarifications that are given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back