MrExcel HTMLMaker installed but not showing on Ribbon

I've just had a quick look at the add-in and it only has a CustomUI14 part, so it won't add a ribbon tab in 2007 and it looks like Keith disabled all the old commandbar code, so that version won't provide any menu system in 2007. Try uncommenting all the code in the ThisWorkbook module of the add-in, save it and then restart Excel.

If you right click a cell do you see 3 additions to the menu?

Nope. (See below)

I've just had a quick look at the add-in and it only has a CustomUI14 part, so it won't add a ribbon tab in 2007 and it looks like Keith disabled all the old commandbar code, so that version won't provide any menu system in 2007. Try uncommenting all the code in the ThisWorkbook module of the add-in, save it and then restart Excel.

I tried that but then the code falls over in the Sub MrExcel_Create_Menu() now located in the zAntiquatedCode module, as per Keith's entry in the Change Log:
| Date | By | Change Description |
' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' 2017-07-19 - Keith Mayfield - Added XRibbon (XML) coding to restore right-click context menu functionality and to restore ribbon menu. Moved
' all of the old commandbar code into zAntiquatedCode module and disabled the Workbook_Open and Workbook_BeforeClose
' subroutines.

It seems that the Add-in will not now work in XL2007 (I suggest the Forum & Add-In notes include an explicit warning to this effect!), so I'll abandon this idea until I upgrade (hopefully soon)

In the meantime, when I need to upload a sheet extract I'll launch the Forum in IE and then copy/paste from Excel which gets the cell values into a Post but not the formulas or the formatting.

Many thanks for trying to solve this issue.(y)

What error do you get in MrExcel_Create_Menu?

I can't remember the exact wording, but I think it was "Variable not defined" or similar, where it fell over on the first line of what I think is the menu build, where "Allformulas" first appears.

With the Workbook_open code uncommented, I also received an "Out of memory" error that led to Excel relaunching but perpetuating the problem.

I earlier deactivated and then deleted that Add-In.

Is there a better method for copying extracts of spreadsheets and pasting them into a Forum post?

Have you tried any of the other tools like Excel Jeanie or Forum Tools?

I did also download Excel Jeanie but couldn't get it to work initially either, so didn't persist.

Rory

I've downloaded and installed your Forum Tools Add-in, and have had success with copying a spreadsheet range and posting it into a Forum post viewed in Firefox (though the initial display of the BB code is a bit scary!)

Is there any guide to its use? (I press F1 but only get generic MS help about installing add-ins!)

Thanks

I’ve never written anything for it I’m afraid. I think someone else might have done something - will see if I can locate it. The HTML bits are all the MrExcel HTML maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back