I keep getting logged out

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
When I first visit the forum, I see the article list. Then suddenly I am redirected to the login screen, and I can only return to the article list after about fifteen seconds. Ugh.

Then often I'll answer a question, spending ten minutes, taking screenshots, etc. I click on Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced, and I am returned to the login screen. All traces of the answer I've worked on have been eradicated.

Sometimes I remember to copy everything before I post, but usually I forget until I've lost two or three answers in a session.

Why is this happening? Actually, I don't care why it happens, I just want it to stop. It makes me so crazy that I want to jump over to Stack Overflow.

Can't anything be done about this?

Last edited:
Checked, right?

Doesn't matter, I keep getting booted.

if browser is set to clean cookies automatically it can be a reason, I've never had problem like this except I forgot to check remember me
maybe someone from MrExcel Team will help

Last edited:
Did you try deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files?
That can sometimes happen if you have a corrupt cookie on your computer.

BTW, which browser are you using, out of curiosity?

I'm using Chrome.

I have to check the computer I was on when I had the issue last night; maybe Remember Me isn't checked there. It is checked on this one, and there was no problem on it this morning.

I have been using Chrome for years too, and haven't had any issues (I find it works best, at least for me).

If the issue was on one specific computer, that certainly seems to point the issue being computer-specific, so nothing we can control here on this end.
An unchecked "Remember Me" button and/or corrupt cookies are the most common reasons I have seen for this type of behavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back