General Questions: Member Status and Board Funding

FracinDean

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello members.

This is an awesome board. I have two questions that I haven't been able to find answers to within the existing threads, FAQs, etc. They may be there -- but I couldn't find them.

1. What determines a members status ("New", "Board Regular", "Mr. Excel MVP", etc.)?

2. How is this board financed? Is it strictly by advertising and sponsors, or supplemented by member contributions?

Thanks

All members start as a "New member" until they have made a certain number of posts (can't remember how many) at which time they become a "Board Regular"
The "MrExcelMVP" status is bestowed upon members who the existing MVPs consider to be good enough. Although you must have been a member for at least 1 year & made in excess of 1000 posts.

As far as I know the majority of the costs are met by Bill Jelen, who owns the site, along with advertising & the MrExcel store.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I just hit 50 posts today and my status changed to "Board Regular" so that covers the status question, in case anyone else tries to find this information in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back