Why doesn't Mr Excel HTML maker work? - Reply requested!

ClaireS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have downloaded the add-in, extracted the add-in to the Add-ins folder, UnBlocked it and installed it in Excel. I have a menu option called "MrExcel HTML Maker". On that ribbon is one group called "Generate HTML (Specify Options)". The options listed are:

All Formulas
First Cell Only
First Cell in Each Column
No Formulas
User Defined Selection

No other buttons or controls.

I have tried selecting a range in a workbook, then clicking on various buttons, but whatever I choose, when I paste it into this forum, it comes out as [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]��.

I am running Excel 2016/365 on Windows 10.

Thank you for your help.
[/FONT]

Have done so. Many thanks for your help. No idea what I was doing wrong!

I sporadically get the same problem. I haven't had time to figure out the specifics, but it has to do with how it sends the HTML to the clipboard. I can sometimes get around it by printing the HTML to the immediate window, then copying that and pasting it. Then there also seems to be a problem with how the HTML is formulated, since I have often have to clean it up. It's sporadic, and also seems to be related to computer settings. My work PC almost always has a problem, while my home PC rarely does. Based on some of the other posts I've seen here, where they post a table that has random HTML showing, other people are having the same issues.

It's a bug with the DataObject and Windows8 and later. It seems to happen if you have a File Explorer window open.

Based on some of the other posts I've seen here, where they post a table that has random HTML showing, other people are having the same issues

The random Html I see posted is normally the fonts and is what you get if you are using the old version of Html Maker.

Thanks all for your comments - maybe it wasn't me after all. But it works now anyway!

It's a bug with the DataObject and Windows8 and later. It seems to happen if you have a File Explorer window open.

Thanks @RoryA, it happened again today. File Explorer open, closed it, success!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back