Trouble pasting VBA code, scrolling down post, typing

samerickson89

Hi,

Brand new here, and I'm having a little trouble with the site. First problem I ran into is trying to paste VBA code onto a post. I click the "paste as plain text" button, a window pops up, I hit ctrl+v, submit it, and nothing happens. Sometimes the window won't even pop up.

I've also noticed that sometimes, when I try scrolling down past the "additional options" area, the page will keep jumping back up above it.

Last thing is that I'm not able to type very fast. I have to go painfully slow or half the characters I'm typing don't get entered. It's not happening on other webpages or in other programs, so it's got to be a problem with this site.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
When you log-in make sure that you select "remember me" (unless you are on a shared computer) that should prevent you from getting timed out.
When pasting code to the site, the easiest way is just copy the code in the VB editor & then in the reply window click the # icon & with the cursor between the tags that appear hit Ctrl V to paste the code.
Finally I find that using the Quick reply window is all I need, so very rarely use the advanced window.

Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
When pasting code to the site, the easiest way is just copy the code in the VB editor & then in the reply window click the # icon & with the cursor between the tags that appear hit Ctrl V to paste the code.

For some reason, Ctrl V doesn't do anything. It's working everywhere else on my computer, just not on here.

It's unlikely to be a problem with the site, otherwise we'd have lots of people screaming at us (me included :eek:)
What browser are you using and you working on a PC, Mac, Phone,Tablet?

Turns out I can only paste using right click, not ctrl+V. Haven't figured out the rest of the problems though.

Apologies, I must have missed you last reply.
Are you running the latest version of IE, or are you using an old version?
Also does Ctrl V work for you on other websites?

Apologies, I must have missed you last reply.
Are you running the latest version of IE, or are you using an old version?
Also does Ctrl V work for you on other websites?

No worries, I don't expect anyone to sit around all day answering my rookie questions!
I'm not sure if my IE is the most current version, but it's a work computer so I wouldn't be able to upgrade anyway.
Ctrl+V does work everywhere else that I've checked.

If Ctrl V works on other websites, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work here.
So unfortunately can't be of any further help.

You could try enabling compatibility mode for this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back