When copying data from Forum threads, data is pasted into only one column

try select title and table

if it doesn't work I have no more idea

edit:
or change browser

Last edited:
@sandy666
Unfortunately, I get the same result. It looks like it is inserting a carriage return after every cell instead of just at the end of each row.

I am using Microsoft Edge. I tried copying from the site using both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and it pasted correctly from both. So it must be something in Microsoft Edge but I have no idea what could be causing the problem in Edge but not in Explorer and Chrome .

Edge is a unfinished trash
so work with IE or Chrome
I suggest Firefox or Opera

Thanks for all your suggestions. :)

Yeah, I thought you meant it grouped everything in a single cell, but it is actually transposing each row and pasting vertically. It has to be a setting somewhere in Excel, I don't believe a system setting would do that. I will look deeper.

Last edited:
So it must be something in Microsoft Edge ...
I don't believe that it is Edge per se. I have just done a test with Edge (on the thread linked in post 6) & I was able to copy only the table and paste into Excel & it went perfectly into rows & columns. I normally use Chrome and I usually do have to copy a small amount of text from above the table as well as the table & tidy up a bit after pasting. So in this test today, in fact Edge was better than Chrome. :eek:

@JLGWhiz
Thank you for the link. I'll be out for the day but I will have a look at it and get back to you.
@Peter_SSs
Thank you Peter for your suggestion. I tried that approach and I got the same result. Copy/paste using Internet Explorer and Chrome worked properly. That is why I suspect the problem is with Edge. I reported this problem to Microsoft. Hopefully, they will get back to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back