When copying data from Forum threads, data is pasted into only one column

.. I got the same result.
I'm not sure you did because for me Edge worked perfectly, just copying the table & pasting. You seem to be saying you are still having a problem with Edge.

That's correct. I am still having the problem with Edge but not with Internet Explorer or Chrome.

@JLGWhiz
I managed to have a look at your link. Thank you. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't have those options. The site also says: "By default, when you paste text copied from elsewhere into Word, you automatically get all the formatting with it." I assume the default for Excel is the same so the row/column format should be copied/pasted but it's not.

@JLGWhiz
I managed to have a look at your link. Thank you. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't have those options. The site also says: "By default, when you paste text copied from elsewhere into Word, you automatically get all the formatting with it." I assume the default for Excel is the same so the row/column format should be copied/pasted but it's not.

I just recalled that at one time I was having a problem copying and pasting from this web site (not any others) and was able to cure it by listing the site in the 'Compatibility View' list which is a 'Settings' option for the internet. I don't know if that can solve your browser issue though, since it apparently is the same with all web sites, not just one.

@JLGWhiz
Thank you for that suggestion. Unfortunately, it happens with all web sites.

@JLGWhiz
Thank you for that suggestion. Unfortunately, it happens with all web sites.
Yeah, I just threw that in because it is somewhat related and might help someone else who is having browser problems with a specific site.
Regards, JLG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back