Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When copying data from Forum threads, data is pasted into only one column
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Default Re: When copying data from Forum threads, data is pasted into only one column

Quote Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    .. I got the same result.
    I'm not sure you did because for me Edge worked perfectly, just copying the table & pasting. You seem to be saying you are still having a problem with Edge.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 365 - Windows 10
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the # key in the Reply window
    - Read: Forum Rules, Forum Use Guidelines, & FAQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Default Re: When copying data from Forum threads, data is pasted into only one column

That's correct. I am still having the problem with Edge but not with Internet Explorer or Chrome.
    Practice makes perfect. I'm very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@JLGWhiz
    I managed to have a look at your link. Thank you. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't have those options. The site also says: "By default, when you paste text copied from elsewhere into Word, you automatically get all the formatting with it." I assume the default for Excel is the same so the row/column format should be copied/pasted but it's not.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@JLGWhiz
    I managed to have a look at your link. Thank you. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't have those options. The site also says: "By default, when you paste text copied from elsewhere into Word, you automatically get all the formatting with it." I assume the default for Excel is the same so the row/column format should be copied/pasted but it's not.
    I just recalled that at one time I was having a problem copying and pasting from this web site (not any others) and was able to cure it by listing the site in the 'Compatibility View' list which is a 'Settings' option for the internet. I don't know if that can solve your browser issue though, since it apparently is the same with all web sites, not just one.
    Using Windows 10, Excel 2013.
    Any code provided by me should be tested on a copy or a mock-up of your file before applying it to your original file. Some actions generated by VBA code cannot be reversed with the undo facility in Excel. To open the VB editor, press Alt + F11. To run code from the Excel window, press Alt + F8. Please do not attempt to learn everything about VBA in one thread, especially from me. See this link for attaching images: Attachments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@JLGWhiz
    Thank you for that suggestion. Unfortunately, it happens with all web sites.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@JLGWhiz
    Thank you for that suggestion. Unfortunately, it happens with all web sites.
    Yeah, I just threw that in because it is somewhat related and might help someone else who is having browser problems with a specific site.
    Regards, JLG
    Using Windows 10, Excel 2013.
    Any code provided by me should be tested on a copy or a mock-up of your file before applying it to your original file. Some actions generated by VBA code cannot be reversed with the undo facility in Excel. To open the VB editor, press Alt + F11. To run code from the Excel window, press Alt + F8. Please do not attempt to learn everything about VBA in one thread, especially from me. See this link for attaching images: Attachments

Some videos you may like

User Tag List