Posting Screen Prints to Questions

tomlinsn

Board Regular
I have a basic question that I haven't figured out. How do I post (paste) a screen print to a message I am posting? I see the Insert Image icon in the ribbon, but when selected it prompts for a URL. How do I post a picture stored locally on my computer to the question I am posting?

Thank you in advance,
Tom

You can't, you need to upload it to a file share site.
However images are often of little value, as any potential helper will then have to re-create your data.
You would be better of using one of the add-ins available here, that enable you to include sample data in the post. Add-ins

Just to update - with the new software, you can now paste images in your posts.

.. and would be worth having a look at MrExcel's post here.

Just a bit of advice for my signature block.

I have changed my forum screenshot link to this one, is it preferred to leave it as that one or put a link to Bill's post for a while (I am a bit loathe to as I would rather not encourage the posting of images rather than screenshots for the data part of Excel)?

If there is a preference then I will go with whatever that is while people are getting used to the new board.

If there is a preference ...
I don't think there is a considered preference, at least at this stage - it is all so new.
BTW, that has reminded me that I haven't updated my signature yet. Will have to get on to that. :eek:

Thanks Peter, I'll leave it as it is then.
I suspect it will take a few weeks to get used to the new board (although in general so far I do like it) and probably worse for you Moderators and Admins as you will have lot of questions to answer (no doubt also a lot of work in the background).
Good thing is I'm not asking anymore questions today ;)

Peter/Any other Admin/Moderator, can someone add Peter's old message about the 2 squares issue to the posting screenshots instructions some time as I had it when I posted earlier and AhoyNC appears to have also had the issue today.

the 2 squares issue
We have had some discussion about that but the issue seems to be something at the user's end and as yet we cannot pinpoint the exact issue, though a temporary resolution is easy & you have supplied that info. I have also moved that thread to About This Board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back