A new Forum

Steve Hartman

Perhaps a most often asked questions forum for all the "how can I sum up a column based on cell color" type questions that get asked multiple times a day, day after day. Something that would make it easier for the user to search for a solution before posting a question. Just a suggestion.

Don't worry, I've been getting po'd by people as well today.

I'm venting my anger after meetings with our environmental engineers today. (yes I looked at you profile :) )

I guess what you're suggestion is more of a Frequently Solved Problems list rather than a Frequently Ask Questions list. Which may not be a bad idea actually.

That's ok, some of my best friends are CHEM E's :) Actually I understand exactly what you mean!

Yeah, Frequently solved problems that's a better name.

Yeah, I've checked this part out before. This is a good reference for a lot of answers, but a lot of people don't seem to realise that it exists. (That proves the message board is a powerful tool)

Actually, I've just checked again, I was getting this confused with "Tip of the Week". I did not realise that the "Daily Tips" section existed. Again, the pulling power of the message board. Any chance of a link to this as part of the message board? Since it would be a useful addition.

I guess part of what Steve was saying was some of the most frequently asked questions are questions that have and probably will never have a definitive. The one I'm seeing a lot recently is how to email a Worksheet using VBA. (rather than a workbook) This sort of problem is a little bit more involved than some of the daily tips, most of which can almost certainly be regarded as "Best Practise" tips.

On a side note, I'm missing your multiple daily posts already, Juan Pablo G. :)

Cheers

On 2002-03-07 15:44, Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I've checked this part out before. This is a good reference for a lot of answers, but a lot of people don't seem to realise that it exists. (That proves the message board is a powerful tool)

Actually, I've just checked again, I was getting this confused with "Tip of the Week". I did not realise that the "Daily Tips" section existed. Again, the pulling power of the message board. Any chance of a link to this as part of the message board? Since it would be a useful addition.

I guess part of what Steve was saying was some of the most frequently asked questions are questions that have and probably will never have a definitive. The one I'm seeing a lot recently is how to email a Worksheet using VBA. (rather than a workbook) This sort of problem is a little bit more involved than some of the daily tips, most of which can almost certainly be regarded as "Best Practise" tips.

On a side note, I'm missing your multiple daily posts already, Juan Pablo G. :)

Cheers

This post was from me.
My session got timed out.

Cheers

Mark, two things.

Have you checked the "Keep me logged in" checkbox ? It keeps you logged in for two years...

Second, thanks. I'm switching "day" jobs, so, not a lot of time for me to post around here... hopefully next week things will go back to normal.

Oh, just remembered. Third, I will tell me to add a link to "Daily Tips"...

Yup, it's not keeping me logged in. It's not a great concern for me to be honest. That's only the the second time I've posted as Anonymous. Usually I'll spot the username and password boxes at the top of the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back